Perfectly fall apple cider donuts topped with cinnamon sugar!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbs cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix donut dry ingredients until blended, set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream the soft butter and eggs together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add milk and cider, and mix again until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined, lumps are ok, do not over mix.
- Using a pastry bag fill donut wells half way with batter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While donuts are baking in a bowl large enough to set a donut in, mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan before trying to remove.
- After removing the donuts from the pan dip the top half in the cinnamon sugar mixture. If the mixture is not sticking to the donuts, you can coat them with a layer of melted butter first, I did this, but I honestly didn’t find it necessary.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days. Best if eaten same day though.
I’ve found silicone baking pans to work the best.