A deliciously pink, citrus flavored buttercream, perfect to use all that winter citrus for.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small saucepan, bring the blood orange juice to a simmer over high heat. Reduce to low heat and simmer until juice has reduced by 50%, and turned into a syrup. About 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter on medium high, until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Slowly add in the blood orange juice, and keep mixing until it’s combined, starting on low and working speed up to high. It won’t combine at first, but just keep mixing, it will come together.
4. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time on low speed until it’s the consistency and sweetness that you like.
Keywords: buttercream, citrus, blood orange