*Please note that my links below are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links, at no cost to you. I’ve used all the products listed below, and recommend them because they are helpful, and I truly enjoy using them.
The dirtier the better! Wait, what?
In case you were curious and haven’t heard, a dirty chai, is just a cup of chai tea with a shot of espresso thrown in, hence the “dirty” word. I personally think it should be renamed, Liquid Gold Chai Tea Latte, because coffee is a beautiful thing, and should really be added to more drinks, but oh well.
Wait for it, this is a long drawn out involved process… it involves three whole things. Some espresso, I make mine with my Breville Espresso Machine, some liquid chai concentrate, Oregon Chai to be exact, and some milk!
Now everyone, go and make the lazy mans dirty chai! And let me know what you think.
How to make a dirty chai tea latte:
- Combine equal parts milk and chai concentrate in cup, heat and froth with your desired method. I use the steamer function on my Breville.
- Brew a shot of espresso using your preferred method. Again, I let my machine do all the work here.
- Hardest step yet… combine!
LETS TALK CAFFEINE!
Does a chai tea latte have caffeine in it?
Yes, about 95mg in 16oz.
How much caffeine is in a dirty chai tea latte?
For added boost of caffeine, a 16 oz. dirty chai contains about 160mg.
Basically I’m always in need of the latter!
This is not hard at all, and if you don’t have an espresso machine, heat the milk and chai up in the microwave and use one of those handy frother tools to fluff that milk up to a nice amount of foamy milk!
A cozy Oregon Chai tea latte jazzed up with shot of espresso.
- 1 oz espresso
- 2/3 cup Oregon Chai Concentrate mix
- 2/3 milk of choice
- Using your preferred method, make a shot of espresso.
- Mix chai and milk together, then heat in the microwave until desired drinking temperature, careful not to burn your mouth.
- Combine shot and chai mix, froth with milk frother.
Keywords: Chai Latte, Chai Tea, Dirty Chai