Sheet pan strawberry galette that I confusingly call a pie! Lemon cream cheese topped with strawberries and blueberries.
- 1 batch of your favorite pie dough, enough that would typically be for two pie bases.
- 1 lb blueberries or strawberries(sliced)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 fresh lemon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
For the cream cheese filling:
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese on medium high speed with sugar to make fluffy, about two minutes, then add 2 egg yolks mixing until fully combine, followed by 1 TBS of lemon juice. Save the egg white to brush over the crust just before baking
For the berries:
- In a separate bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, 1/2 tsp of zest and 1 Tbsp of juice from the lemon. Stir them together well and set the mixture aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll out the pie dough on a lightly floured surface and lay over the sheet pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the pie dough, leaving a two inch border around the entire edge.
- Top the cream cheese with sliced strawberries, or whole blueberries.
- Fold the two in boarder of crust over the edge of the berries to create the galette edge.
- Whisk the reserved egg white with a fork. Brush the egg white over the surface of the galette dough
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream as an option!
Keep refrigerated after making, for up to three days. Best served warmed up.
Keywords: Pie, galette, vote, fresh berries